"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Cognitive Biases
- Lukas Nelson: You Were Always On My Mind
- Vote the Common Good
- Evidence that huge 2-mile wide meteorite smashed into Earth only 800,000 years ago.
- Noam Chomsky Interview at TruthOut: “The USA is a Rogue State“
- C. Paul Carter – Photography
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, the author of ‘Prozac Nation,’ has died at 52
- The New Deal was partly motivated by a desire to kill the fake news epidemic of the Gilded Age
- A GoPro spinning at 1800rpm looks like it’s entering a wormhole into another universe
Category Archives: Newfoundland
The casualties sustained on the opening day of the Battle of the Somme totalled 57,470, of which 19,240 were fatal. The Newfoundland Regiment Battalion ration strength on June 30, 1916, was 1044 all ranks, including administrative staff and attached personnel. … Continue reading
Vice takes a look at the places fuelling Newfoundland and Labrador’s growing reputation as an unexpected cultural destination Link
The loss of one soldier is still felt 100 years later, and seen in a drastically altered landscape David Common · CBC News · Posted: Nov 11, 2018 5:30 AM NT | Last Updated: November 13, 2018 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/national-three-arms-newfoundland-stephen-norris-1.4892476?fbclid=IwAR3BoUaT5Kk4QcekJ6tcXIAUVy0zGR_0HFVD_cZDDHBHuvLtN-LJvbyEzxQ
July 1, Memorial Day While Canadians celebrate nationhood July 1, the date means something very different to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador, Robert Everett-Green writes. One hundred years ago at Beaumont-Hamel, on the first day of the Somme offensive, nearly 90 per … Continue reading
Mary was a dear friend of a dear friend… I had several long talks with Mary O-Flaherty many years ago while she was still serving overseas in the Canadian Diplomatic Corps … The adventure she accounted of her role during … Continue reading
This improbable island! Excellent. FREE NFLD If FREE NFLD is a call to action, what is it asking us to do? THEINDEPENDENT.CA