"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Cognitive Biases
- Lukas Nelson: You Were Always On My Mind
- Vote the Common Good
- Evidence that huge 2-mile wide meteorite smashed into Earth only 800,000 years ago.
- Noam Chomsky Interview at TruthOut: “The USA is a Rogue State“
- C. Paul Carter – Photography
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, the author of ‘Prozac Nation,’ has died at 52
- The New Deal was partly motivated by a desire to kill the fake news epidemic of the Gilded Age
- A GoPro spinning at 1800rpm looks like it’s entering a wormhole into another universe
Category Archives: Health
Yay. Disease will likely win out over nuclear war or an asteroid as the cause of humankind’s ultimate demise. (But mostly I re-posted this due to the National Post gratuitously using images taken from Pieter Bruegel the Elder’s 16th Century … Continue reading
Aspartame Causes Cancer I Knew it! I told you so!!! ASPARTAME CAUSES CANCER Nutrasweet: What is Aspartame? Posted Fri Nov 25th, 2005
I’m grown accustomed to holding my breath while running the gauntlet of sad, coughing (and usually damp) smokers just outside the ubiquitous office entrance, although this has always left me wondering why anyone still smokes, or why kids take up … Continue reading
Plans advancing for world’s first face transplant CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP)—In the next few weeks, five men and seven women will secretly visit the Cleveland Clinic to interview for the chance to have a radical operation that’s never been tried anywhere … Continue reading
I actually flagged this article after skimming through it last night — but just read it again — carefully. This is really scary stuff… On the monster at our door — the coming flu pandemic. By Mike Davis | … Continue reading
The Boyfriend Arm Pillow (manufactured by Kameo), is targeted towards Japanese single women. The pillow resembles a man’s torso, shoulder and arm, offering a cozy space sized to fit and comfort its lonely owner. It comes with two removable shirts … Continue reading