"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Cognitive Biases
- Lukas Nelson: You Were Always On My Mind
- Vote the Common Good
- Evidence that huge 2-mile wide meteorite smashed into Earth only 800,000 years ago.
- Noam Chomsky Interview at TruthOut: “The USA is a Rogue State“
- C. Paul Carter – Photography
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, the author of ‘Prozac Nation,’ has died at 52
- The New Deal was partly motivated by a desire to kill the fake news epidemic of the Gilded Age
- A GoPro spinning at 1800rpm looks like it’s entering a wormhole into another universe
Category Archives: Photography
My portfolio can be found here: https://pcarter5b14.myportfolio.com I’ve been interested in photography since 1975 when I borrowed a friend’s Ricoh and a couple of lenses for a time. Black & White film was available from my High School, and I … Continue reading
Photography – January 6, 2020 by John Aldred It’s difficult to come up with original GoPro footage these days. Everything’s just been done. But this is something I haven’t seen before. YouTuber Mr. Michal secured what looks like a GoPro Hero 7 Silver one into his … Continue reading
This view never grows old, but as twilight comes much earlier these cool fall days, It’s a beautiful but sad reminder that the sailing season has come to an end. As I was derigging the boat this evening, I remembered … Continue reading
Good write up here
My Portfolio is a work-in-progress but can be viewed here: https://pcarter5b14.myportfolio.com Examples of 30+ years of my photography hobby — 35mm film until digital starting 2003.
Cows get their own glamour shots as P.E.I. dairy farmer pairs up with photographer “A P.E.I. dairy farmer has taken on a new project to shed a positive light on his industry — releasing a photography book by putting his … Continue reading
And that’s a wrap! Lolly Jo is put to bed for the winter. Fitting photo for end of day & sailing season at BYC.