"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Sadness, Depression, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- When will I die? Scientists have created an end-of-life calculator that lets you plan for death
- West Island Perspectives
- US Administration is ready to back the rights of consumers to repair what they own
- Sunset over Lac Saint-Louis
- An old friend
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
- Robert Plant Instructs His Kids to Unleash His Unreleased Archive of Music for Free When He Dies
- For the love of black & white
- The Challenges of Animal Translation
August 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Mind The Gap
The Great Divide Your War Profiteers at Work (Compiled from material by the Centers for Corporate Policy and Public Interest, and posted by claudialong on Nov 22) If you really want to get a sense of what the Iraq ‘war’ … Continue reading
Activist rocker takes poke at ‘poor old Paul’ at UN World Summit By KATHLEEN HARRIS | Parliamentary Bureau, Ottawa Sun NEW YORK —Canada is “weird,” rocker-turned-poverty activist Bob Geldof told the world yesterday as he met the press at the … Continue reading
Cloaked in myopic self-righteousness, the Bush administration is trying to make its gulag problem disappear by attacking Amnesty International. This isn’t just blind and arrogant, it’s harming the U.S. national interest. by Sidney Blumenthol | salon.com President Bush’s press conference … Continue reading
During 2004, the human rights of ordinary men, women and children were disregarded and grossly abused in every corner of the globe. The Amnesty International Report 2005, covering 149 countries, is a detailed picture of these abuses. Economic interests, political … Continue reading
Poor Wal-Mart! On May 12, the retailer announced disappointing quarterly earnings, admitting that next quarter would probably fall below analysts’ expectations as well. As a result, Wal-Mart’s stock took yet another hit. Among other reasons, Wal-Mart blamed unseasonably cool … Continue reading