"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- C. Paul Carter Photography — What’s New?
- Why bad science is sometimes “more appealing” than good science, even for other scientists
- Study finds that giraffes are socially complex
- Sadness, Depression, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- When will I die? Scientists have created an end-of-life calculator that lets you plan for death
- West Island Perspectives
- US Administration is ready to back the rights of consumers to repair what they own
- Sunset over Lac Saint-Louis
- An old friend
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
Monthly Archives: February 2021
One of the world’s few female whirling dervishes, Rana Gorgani has opened up Sufism to a wider audience and is now making surprising spiritual connections over Zoom thanks to the pandemic. French-Iranian Gorgani, 37, used to think of whirling — … Continue reading
Here are two images from my upcoming Winter Oceans series. I hope to be posting the full collection to my portfolio soon. – cPaul
While sifting through photographs today, I came across this previously overlooked image taken during a walk through Morgan Arboretum in early December of 1993. I was living down-home in St. John’s, Newfoundland during those years, and would try to get … Continue reading
Tristin Hopper | National Post We all know the origin of Valentine’s Day: Some guy named Valentine was working illegally as a priest – an illicit priest, if you will – he was secretly marrying people against the wishes of … Continue reading
Ben Crair | The New Yorker Last spring, I started boiling two eggs for breakfast every morning—one for me, and one for the crows. A mated pair patrolled the rooftops around my Berlin apartment building; I’d begun luring them to … Continue reading
Confession: I often listen to Conservative Talk-Radio. It’s a guilty pleasure that I picked up while frequently traveling for work in the Southern USA. My trips would involve long days and many miles in rental cars, clocking miles to the … Continue reading
Here is a sample of a new Print Series that I am working on… https://pcarter5b14.myportfolio.com/windows-and-walls-of-quebec