"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
- Robert Plant Instructs His Kids to Unleash His Unreleased Archive of Music for Free When He Dies
- For the love of black & white
- The Challenges of Animal Translation
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Is Coming Back—Again
- 100 Myths of Home
- The Convenient Lie of ‘Objectivity’
- Maine May Soon Legalise Viking-Style Funerals So You Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory
- The Psychology of Silent Treatment Abuse
- Fun with Minor Keys
Daily Archives: July 28, 2020
“Every day’s a good day when you paint.” —Bob Ross (1942–1995) Staring at the empty canvas on the easel in front of me, I couldn’t understand how this—nothing—might somehow transform into even a rough approximation of the Bob Ross painting we were … Continue reading
AMSTERDAM — One hundred and thirty years ago, Vincent van Gogh awoke in his room at an inn in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, and went out, as he usually did, with a canvas to paint. That night, he returned to the inn … Continue reading
@ Lifewire I’ve been a fan of Laughing Squid, Mental Floss, and Ted — well, forever. Here’s links to these and others over at Lifewire. – cPaul https://www.lifewire.com/cool-websites-to-look-at-when-bored-3486362
This will change everything! Today’s computers use bits—a stream of electrical or optical pulses representing 1s or 0s. Everything from your tweets and e-mails to your iTunes songs and YouTube videos are essentially long strings of these binary digits. Quantum computers, on the … Continue reading