"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- C. Paul Carter Photography — What’s New?
- Why bad science is sometimes “more appealing” than good science, even for other scientists
- Study finds that giraffes are socially complex
- Sadness, Depression, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- When will I die? Scientists have created an end-of-life calculator that lets you plan for death
- West Island Perspectives
- US Administration is ready to back the rights of consumers to repair what they own
- Sunset over Lac Saint-Louis
- An old friend
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
Daily Archives: July 28, 2020
“Every day’s a good day when you paint.” —Bob Ross (1942–1995) Staring at the empty canvas on the easel in front of me, I couldn’t understand how this—nothing—might somehow transform into even a rough approximation of the Bob Ross painting we were … Continue reading
AMSTERDAM — One hundred and thirty years ago, Vincent van Gogh awoke in his room at an inn in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, and went out, as he usually did, with a canvas to paint. That night, he returned to the inn … Continue reading
@ Lifewire I’ve been a fan of Laughing Squid, Mental Floss, and Ted — well, forever. Here’s links to these and others over at Lifewire. – cPaul https://www.lifewire.com/cool-websites-to-look-at-when-bored-3486362
This will change everything! Today’s computers use bits—a stream of electrical or optical pulses representing 1s or 0s. Everything from your tweets and e-mails to your iTunes songs and YouTube videos are essentially long strings of these binary digits. Quantum computers, on the … Continue reading