"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- The 17-year cicadas are coming!!
- How to Make Six Different Forts Out of Ikea Furniture
- Watch this robotic sheepdog manage a flock
- An imperfect TV icon reexamined.
- The science of digital music and why analog isn’t actually better
- QAnon conspiracy theories about the coronavirus pandemic are a public health threat
- Rethinking the Canada-US relationship after the pandemic
- R.I.P. Brian Howe (1953-2020)
- A very (very, very) big asteroid to pass close-by!
- Coronavirus shakes the conceit of ‘American exceptionalism’
Like Us On Facebook
Like Us On Facebook
Monthly Archives: March 2020
For Trump, there’s only one victim: himself. He fears political defeat more than the deaths of millions Lucian K. Truscott IV | Salon A photograph purporting to show Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte in tears, having lost all hope over … Continue reading
by Daniel Kolitz | Gizmodo Superstitions—passed down through generations, or developed spontaneously on certain online forums—gobble up thousands of productive hours yearly. But it would be wrong to say that all that time spent avoiding ladders or cracks in the … Continue reading
The Seven Mountain Mandate is a manifesto for conquering all aspects of American life. By Elle Hardy @ theoutline.com At first blush, it could be the premise of a terrible airport novel: A group of self-proclaimed “apostles” have a plan … Continue reading
Previously, I’ve written tangentially about the prevalence of right-wing groups that are bent on establishing a Christian theocracy in the United States, so I was interested to come across this article by Karl Richter at the Texas Observer looking at … Continue reading