"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- C. Paul Carter Photography — What’s New?
- Why bad science is sometimes “more appealing” than good science, even for other scientists
- Study finds that giraffes are socially complex
- Sadness, Depression, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- When will I die? Scientists have created an end-of-life calculator that lets you plan for death
- West Island Perspectives
- US Administration is ready to back the rights of consumers to repair what they own
- Sunset over Lac Saint-Louis
- An old friend
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
Daily Archives: January 21, 2020
A 70-kilometer-wide (43-mile) impact structure in the Australian Outback has been dated to 2.2 billion years old, making it the oldest known asteroid crater on Earth. Fascinatingly, this asteroid likely plunged into a massive ice sheet, triggering a global-scale warming … Continue reading
by Nita Bhalla NAIROBI, Jan 17 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – Countries are rapidly developing “killer robots” – machines with artificial intelligence (AI) that independently kill – but are moving at a snail’s pace on agreeing global rules over their use … Continue reading