I’m so incredibly grateful to have been born into a generation of great opportunity and prosperity, at a time when there have been no active hot wars over my head or unending civil strife that threatens my ability to live my life to the fullest. We are free to choose to point out “wrongs” where we see them, and praise “rights” when they are evident. We were raised to be respectful in our dealings with others and educated to be thoughtful and articulate in expressing our ideas.
Yes, there are so many great institutions and things in our lives that are worth preserving! And true, there are many other things that need to be collectively re-thought out, in order to right historical wrongs and to begin to heal real wounds. And, there are many things that lurk in the shadow of half-truths, which cause otherwise faith-filled, and family-loving folks to turn on their friends and neighbours with virtual daggers. Ad-hominem attacks. Guilt by association or defence, or hot-headedness.
Life is short.
Whatever it is that’s bothering you will pass.
Politics is not unlike Newfoundland weather. If you don’t like what’s going on, wait. It’s guaranteed to change.
"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Is Coming Back—Again
- 100 Myths of Home
- The Convenient Lie of ‘Objectivity’
- Maine May Soon Legalise Viking-Style Funerals So You Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory
- The Psychology of Silent Treatment Abuse
- Fun with Minor Keys
- New stuff!
- Why one man started an Instagram account showing churches’ wealth
- Crosby, Stills, and Nash Detail ‘Deja Vu’ 50th Anniversary Reissue
- ISS Ditches 2.9-Ton Pallet of Batteries, Creating Its Most Massive Piece of Space Trash