"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
- Robert Plant Instructs His Kids to Unleash His Unreleased Archive of Music for Free When He Dies
- For the love of black & white
- The Challenges of Animal Translation
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Is Coming Back—Again
- 100 Myths of Home
- The Convenient Lie of ‘Objectivity’
- Maine May Soon Legalise Viking-Style Funerals So You Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory
- The Psychology of Silent Treatment Abuse
- Fun with Minor Keys
What Is Fake News?
I like to kid around, and I do post idiotic nonsense, sometimes with reckless abandon. In doing so, I assume that my “friends” understand that I am much more than the sum of my posts, as I keep in mind that they are more than the sum of their own.
We all sense that something has been changing in the world, and for some folks, this is unsettling. For others, this comes as relief. Communication is a great thing, and everyone should have a voice on issues that matter to them. However, and for various reasons, the cacophony of hubris seems to be rising. The finger pointing and arm flapping (with the requisite amount of righteous indignation) starts to aim a little too close to home.
Don’t we all have the responsibility to dig a bit deeper into the issues of these times, and make up our own minds about what is right, wrong, or a distraction?
But I’m not telling you what to do…!