During one of those NPR driveway moments recently, I heard an impromptu interview with the 94 year-old television writer and producer, Norman Lear, in which he was asked about his secret to a long life of happiness and success. His answer was two words: “Done” and “Next”. He said that the secret was to hang a hammock between those two things, and live in that moment. I paraphrase (of course), but I think you get the idea…
"The view from here is awesome!"
NewFish contains my commentary and random thoughts about music, counter-culture, technology, faith, wretched excess, art, questionable government, and the ultimate interconnectivity of all things.
NewFish: Providing mediocre blogging since 2005!
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Is Coming Back—Again
- 100 Myths of Home
- The Convenient Lie of ‘Objectivity’
- Maine May Soon Legalise Viking-Style Funerals So You Can Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory
- The Psychology of Silent Treatment Abuse
- Fun with Minor Keys
- New stuff!
- Why one man started an Instagram account showing churches’ wealth
- Crosby, Stills, and Nash Detail ‘Deja Vu’ 50th Anniversary Reissue
- ISS Ditches 2.9-Ton Pallet of Batteries, Creating Its Most Massive Piece of Space Trash